Vidarbha Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram (VVKA) is trust
registered under Society Registration Act 1860 . No. MAH / 333/78
(NGP ).It is affiliated to the Akhil Bhartiya Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram
(ABVKA), Jashpur Nagar. Registration No 79.
The main objectives of the ABVKA and VVKA are: -
- Generate awareness among the Vanvasis (tribal) about their Faiths, culture, customs and traditions.
- Make them self reliant and self-confident thereby bringing them in the national mainstream.
- Promotion of educational & Health awareness & Developments.
- Generate enlightened leadership among them.
- Vanvasis are an integral part of the society and therefore the goal is to make the vanvasis realise that the entire society is behind them for their developmental needs. The VVKA is carrying out this work by establishing constant contacts with Vanvasis through various "Seva projects" in Vanvasi areas. The list of the projects run by VVKA is enclosed.
Object :- To uplift the trible people, which is an integral part of the Indian society in all walks of life, i. e. Social, religious, cultural, material, ethical, financial, intellectual and educational.
To achieve this goal, kalyan Ashram is running Hostels, Balwadies, Chikitsa Kendra, Arogya Rakshak, Library, Khelkud Kendra etc.
Area of operation :- All the nine districts of Vidarbha i. e. old Bhandara (Bhandara & Gondia), Nagpur, Gadchiroli, Chandrapur, Wardha, Yavatmal, Amravati, old Akola (Akola & Washim) and Buldhana.
- Education :-
The centres are situated in remote parts of
Aheri, Kurkheda, Maregaon and Akot talukas with a view to reaching
education to tribals.Single-teacher (Ekal Vidyalaya) schools and
Kindergartens (Balwadis) are run so as to ensure all-round
development of children.Library facility is being made available to the deprived class to facilitate learning process.
- Health :-
Chikitsa Kendra :- Weekly checkup centres are functioning in Amravati, Akola, Chandrapur, Nagpur and Yawatmal districts.
Arogya Rakashak :- Thirty eight trained health volunteers are working to create awareness among people about health-care. They are provided with a Medical box containing Medicines. 38 “Arogyarakshak” are already working in the area. This has been found to be beneficial for the villagers till they get help from a registered medical practitioner.
- Cultural :-
Efforts are being made to inculcate universal brotherhood and social equality through the cultural prgrammes; such as Lok Kala mandal, Drama, Dance etc.
- Sports :-
Every opportunity is provided for flowering of rural hidden talent through sports meet and training camps, held at district and regional level to bring the vanavasi on the national sports horizon.